Why is my Website Down?
Posted by Mark Vandepol on 26 January 2016 11:35 AM
If your website is currently not showing, it is important to determine the reason so that it can be fixed as quickly as possible.
My website will not display at all
A website is generally "down" when:
1. You're having a local issue with your Internet. This is most likely not the cause if you're reading this article online. If your Internet Service Provider is experiencing problems or your router is no longer working, you won't be able to see any websites.
3. There is a problem with our servers. We monitor our servers 24/7. If there's a problem, we're generally already aware of it and working to resolve it.
4. You recently updated your DNS or registered your domain. If you just registered your domain or recently made any DNS changes, it can take up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect (aka DNS Propagation), so your website may appear down during this time.
5. You spelled your domain wrong when typing it in. It happens to all of us. Double Check your spelling to ensure your website was typed in correctly.
6. Your IP address has been blocked from the server. As we mentioned above, we monitor our servers 24/7. Our System Administration team at times may block IP addresses from the server for several different reasons. If you've exhausted all other options, feel free to find your IP address and contact us to see if it is blocked.